The Microtronix DX-2200-SW Dual-view 2×1 SDI Video Switcher is a high-quality professional grade, frame synchronous, seamless video switch supporting:
- Glitch-free switching of non-synchronous video
- Alpha blended Picture-in-Picture (PIP)
- Picture-and-Picture (PAP): side-by-side and vertically stacked dual-display
- Digital zoom and video scaling
- Alpha blended wipe/video switching transitions,
- Alpha blended text and logo/graphics overlay/OSD (in progressive video format only)
- Drawing of straight lines and rectangles
- On-screen Frame Counter display
- Standby video switcher
- Video resolutions up to 1920x1080p30
- User control via switches and RS-232 Serial Control Port
The unit is designed as a seamless 2×1 SDI video switcher for professional camera display systems, video recording and high-end surveillance applications requiring glitch-free (frame synchronous) video switching and simultaneous (dual-view) display of the SDI inputs and the ability to insert alpha-blended text and graphic (overlay) onto live a SDI video stream. The graphic images are uploaded through the RS-232 serial port from a computer using a Java software uploader application.
Note: Embedded audio channels and vertical blanking information (VBI) data are not support in the DX-2200 Dual-view 2×1 SDI Switcher product.
Seamless, glitch-free Video Switching
Designed to operate with non-synchronous video sources, proprietary frame-synchronous video switching IP ensures seamless glitch-free video output whether: switching between inputs, swapping inputs for PIP display, or when switching modes of operation between PIP, PAP (dual display) or Split-Screen display. Switching occurs between frames for progressive video and between fields for interlaced video. The switcher supports most standard interlaced, progressive and progressive segmented frame (PsF) video formats.
The unit is controlled either manually using a toggle switch and a 4-position DIP switch or dynamically under the control of a computer via RS-232 Serial Control Port commands. The size and position of the PIP window is fully configurable via the Serial Control Port. Additional serial commands provide for: alpha blending of both video and text/graphics, multi-function switching transitions, dynamic text overlay (with colour, size and position control), drawing of straight lines/rectangles and digital zoom of the video inputs. The user also has the option to re-assign the use of the switches to support custom modes of operation.